Bold Swim | Sustainable Swimwear | Swimwear Plus Sizes
What is sustainable swimwear?
Sustainable swimwear is designed to be more environmentally friendly than traditional swimwear. It is usually made from recycled, regenerative, biodegradable fabric, and/or renewable materials, with an emphasis on sustainability and ethical production practices. Ethically made swimwear production process is often focused on reducing the use of petrochemicals, using small-batch production, locally made products, and shipping in compostable bags. The best sustainable swimwear is designed to be long-lasting and timeless, reducing the need for frequent replacement of swimwear and reducing the number of swimwear pieces ending up in landfills.
Sustainable swimwear is made from materials that are eco-friendly and ethical. This type of swimwear is often made from recycled plastic bottles or bamboo fiber. Sustainable swimwear is also made to last longer so that it does not end up in landfills.
How swimwear can be sustainable?
Consider the materials used to make the swimsuit. Look for materials that are recycled, regenerative, and renewable, such as Econyl recycled nylon. Check the certification of the swimsuit. Look for organic or B Corp certifications, which ensure that the material is produced in an ethical and sustainable manner. Buy from local and small-batch brands. These companies are more likely to use sustainable practices, reducing their environmental impact. Opt for shipping methods that are 100% compostable. This helps to reduce the amount of plastic waste produced in the shipping process. Invest in quality. Sustainable swimwear often lasts longer than its synthetic plastic counterparts, helping to reduce the amount of waste generated over time.
What is the most sustainable swimwear brand?
Choosing a sustainable swimwear brand can be a challenge, but there are several eco-friendly options available. To make the decision easier, it is important to compare and evaluate the various brands based on their materials, certifications, production processes, and shipping methods. One of the most sustainable brands is Summersalt, which uses Econyl recycled nylon fabric and is certified by the Global Recycled Standard (GRS). Ookioh and Anemos are also good options; they are working to completely eliminate plastic from their production process. Other sustainable brands to consider include BOLDSWIM, Araks, SLO Active, and Bondi Born, which all adhere to responsible practices, use non-harmful fabric choices, and support ocean charities. Whichever brand you decide to go with, make sure to check their sustainability efforts and certifications to ensure you are making the most eco-friendly choice.
Can I get sustainable swimwear?
There are a few exceptional sustainable swimwear brands, such as BOLDSWIM and Summersalt . Sustainable swimwear is made from recycled materials and often costs more than regular swimwear.
BOLD Swim is a sustainable and size-inclusive swimwear. Designed for fit, comfort, and versatility. Empowering you through a curated collection for a lifestyle in and out of the water.
When you shop with BOLD Swim, you're not only supporting the great work of their brand partners, but you're also giving back to multiple environmental charities through their membership with 1% for the planet. Part of BOLD Swim's revenue every year is carefully redirected to environmental causes all over the world.
Read more about 1% for the Planet here.
BOLD Swim was founded on the premise to empower people and communities by creating truly sustainable his and her swimwear in a way that gives back to communities and their environment in methods that are truly sustainable. They’ve made it their mission to ultimately have all consumers globally considering the planet when making swimwear plus sizes purchases. Through empowering and uplifting communities with eco friendly swimwear, they aspire to be the leader in sustainable swimwear and eco-friendly consumption.
WHAT BOLD SWIM DOES
Championing the on-demand system
Fashion overproduction is one of the world's biggest environmental threats - BOLD Swim simply refuses to stand and watch. Their pre-order business model allows them to forecast demand levels prior to production, so they only make what you actually want to buy. Good things come to those who wait and don’t waste!
Placing bets on plant-based materials
Fact: it’s very, very hard to come by vegan shoes that are as eco-conscious as they are cool. However, things are about to change, so they're getting ahead by offering innovative plant-based leather that looks and feels just like the real deal. BOLD Swim believes that their customers should be able to buy confidently into cruelty-free fashion and live the most sustainable life possible.
The choices we make have a wider impact than just ourselves, which is why BOLD Swim is dedicated to reducing their environmental footprint by choosing the most eco-friendly & low-impact packaging. Their swimsuits are carefully designed and made with care, and they are proud to continue this same meticulous approach to each touch point of the brand, which includes packaging. Here's what you can expect...
LESS IS MORE
ZERO PLASTIC IN ANY PACKAGING
Each piece of swimwear is delicately wrapped in recycled tissue paper. BOLD Swim does not use any single-use plastic in any packaging, they try their best to avoid any unnecessary waste whenever possible. Inside you can find a handwritten note from the founders, Annabel & Hannah. Each note is unique, they remember their loyal pursuit girls well!
PACKAGING MADE FROM 100% RECYCLED MATERIALS
Each order of BOLD Swim is presented in packaging made from 100% recycled paperboard, and their information cards are made from 100% recycled cards. All of their packaging is recyclable, so you can either use BOLD Swim's box to store your swimwear in or you have the option to recycle it if you prefer! They're always keen to improve their environmental impact as they grow as a brand, they'd love to hear from you if you have any suggestions or ideas that you think they should implement!
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 became effective on January 1, 2012. This law requires retailers and manufacturers doing business in California to disclose any actions or efforts, if any, to eliminate slavery and human trafficking from their direct supply chains.
Bold Swim takes seriously its responsibility to uphold ethical business practices and social responsibility; as such, they have made it a priority not condone or knowingly support forced labor within their own supply chain or with partners they work with.
To comply with requirements of the Act, BOLD Swim discloses the following information:
1. Risk Assessments. BOLD Swim performs assessments of suppliers on various risk factors, including suppliers’ labor practices and reputation. For BOLD Swim branded products, they attempt to visit most of the facilities where their branded products are made to ensure the suppliers’ quality and operational practices meet BOLD Swim standards. If during this process, they assess certain labor conditions that do not meet those standards, they take corrective action.
2. Auditing. Their supplier contracts require compliance with all applicable laws, including laws relating to labor, slavery, and human trafficking. They require their suppliers to confirm that an independent auditor has audited their manufacturing facilities to ensure they meet industry standards against certain labor-related practices and make available any corresponding audit report for our review. For BOLD Swim branded products they may audit the supplier facilities themselves or with assistance from third-party auditors from time to time; during such audits, they may assess labor related practices.
3. Certification Requirements. In addition to requiring suppliers to contractually represent that they comply with all applicable laws, BOLD Swim also sells certain products which have third-party certifications, such as Fair Trade Certified™ , Certified Organic that have various certification requirements such as banning child and forced labor. BOLD Swim does not separately require suppliers to provide any additional certification about human trafficking and forced labor.
4. Internal Accountability. BOLD Swim is committed to social responsibility and ethical conduct in the workplace. Each employee is required to comply with the law and conduct business in a fair and transparent manner as including a prohibition against human trafficking, coerced labor and slavery. Any employee’s failure to comply with the BOLD Swim employee handbook may result in disciplinary action.
5. Training. Currently, they do not provide any specific training for BOLD Swim personnel responsible for supply chain management with respect to the Act, and the topics covered therein. However, wetheycontinually assess all policies and procedures, including training practices, and update such materials when opportunities may arise.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SUSTAINABLE SWIMWEAR
While a good tan is bound to fade, when cared for properly, your womens swimwear one piececolor should be just as vibrant as the day you first tried it on! Taking care of yoursexy woman swimwear can seem like a hassle with the hindrance of sun lotion, salt water, and chlorine causing discoloration but rest assured, BOLD Swim has the solution with top tips on how to care for your sustainable,sexiest women'sswimwear.
Please note, buckle waist belts should at no point come into contact with chlorinated water when worn on the body as this will cause fabric discoloration. BOLD Swim strongly advises removing the buckle waist belt before swimming in chlorinated pools to keep your swimsuit in tip top condition.
Pursuit's top tips for the best swimwear aftercare:
1. Pre-treat any stains by mixing baking soda with lukewarm water to create a paste. Lightly work the paste into the area and rinse. Be sure to apply the mix & rinse one colored fabric area at a time to avoid the fabric dye mixing which will cause permanent stains.
2. Best practice is to remove excess salt water and chlorine after each wear by rinsing in a bath of cold to lukewarm water with mild to no detergent. If you haven't been in chlorinated or salt water, wash yoursexy swimwear for womenevery 3-5 wears.
3. Rinse well and gently rollsexy menswimwear in a towel to remove excess water. Try not to wring yoursexy swimwear for men as this could alter its shape.
4. Lay flat to dry, if outdoors, dry in the shade avoiding direct sunlight. Do not tumble dry or placeswimwear thong near any artificial heat as this significantly decreases the lifetime of your swimwear thong.
Additional care tips:
Do not pack wet, sustainable mens swimwearwith other garments
Certain sun lotions and tanning oils can cause heavy stains, avoid applying them near the fabric at all cost.
Buckle waist belts should be removed before coming into contact with chlorinated water to avoid fabric discoloration.
Be aware that overexposure to chemicals such as heavily chlorinated water and sunlight can naturally cause eco-friendly swimwear to fade over time and break down lycra. Take turns to wear different pieces ofcurvy womensswimwear to prolong each piece's lifecycle.
SWIMSUIT SHOPPING AT CLEAR GIVINGS MARKET
Flattering for every shape, the soiree is an asymmetrical, black one-shoulder top. This effortlessly chic top is a staple for every summer outfit for women. This top also doubles as a comfy and chic loungewear bra top!
This mint green bikini bottom has an embossed palm tree print with a silky smooth finish. Stand out in the most effortless cool mint green color! The fun ruching details also allow you to control the amount of coverage your bikini has.
Pair your bikini bottom with this matching ruffle top in mint green, an embossed palm tree print with a silky smooth finish in a cool mint green color.
Meet Florette, a flattering reversible triangle bikini featuring a floral and plum print that you can mix and match. The high leg cut elongates your frame giving you a long-legged look.
Back for the spring and summer seasons comes this spectacular halter bikini top with a fun keyhole design. A flattering cut, with cute side bows to adjust the fit.
Choose Clear Givings Market / BOLDSWIM for sustainable, designing swimwear.
Sustainability practices are Clear Givings Market / BOLDSWIM forte. When you purchase BOLDSWIM, you're not only getting eco-friendly and sustainable sexy swimwear for women and sexy men swimwear, but you're also supporting ethical employment connections. Clear Givings Market / BOLDSWIM offers great gifts to inspire you and your significant other, friends, and family.
Treat yourself now, check out BOLDSWIM at Clear Givings Market! We love how BOLDSWIM is revolutionizing the sustainable swimwear industry and making a powerful difference. Each purchase has a positive impact, providing life-changing employment in areas that lack resources.